Nov 18, 2009

Facepainting at Creative Tauranga's Revamped Cargo Shed

This Hallowe'en I was prepared to do a few zombie/vampy faces for adult parties or similar...and yes that did happen, but not in the way I expected. Instead of my usual services, Saturday October 31st was my debut as a children's facepainter! The pre-booked facepainter was unable to come into the Cargo Shed for the kid's costume competition and Hallowe'en festivities...so at the VERY last minute, I cycled (Yes, on my bike) across the Matapihi rail bridge to the newly refreshed and renovated Cargo Shed, now under the care of the good people at Creative Tauranga. Brushes, water-based paints, glitter, rhinestones, sponges, goth makeup and shimmers at the ready, I transformed 14 faces into those of a pirate, puppy, butterfly, 'witchy-poo', mummy, a handful of zombie-like vampires with scars and blood dripping from fangs and 3 very keen adults into ghoulish types and 1 into a devil...complete with red goatee. Plus a couple of butterfly and rainbow cheek designs. Yes. That was my Saturday afternoon. At the embarrassing price of $2 for a cheek design and $5 for a full face (contrast that with my usual $57 charge), I had a fun time delving into my new 'talent.' And mustn't have been that bad as I was asked back. So, if you happen to be invited to the media launch of the Cargo Shed on December 5th, please come say hi. Offer to change my brush water...or just stand in wonder and watch the 'master' at work. I'm only kidding. But do wish me success! And support the local artisans at Tauranga's Cargo Shed soon. -Lillybeth

No comments: